Take the Anne Arundel Pro Bono Challenge – Part I:
1. Simply register (or have registered in the past) with a pro bono legal services provider as a volunteer and agree to take a case.
2. Once registered, let the Local Pro Bono Committee know by filling out the form at http://goo.gl/forms/iXnnwi9uC9.
All who register with a provider and fill out the form by October 31st will be eligible for a prize drawing. (Prizes include a bottle of wine and more.) Questions? Contact Joanie Bellistri @ email@example.com or 410-222-1387.
Find out more about Parts II and III of the Challenge: https://aacpll.org/anne-arundel-county-pro-bono-challenge/
Do you need suggestions for finding a pro bono opportunity?
Here are some suggestions for finding a pro bono opportunity:
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) – http://www.mvlslaw.org/lawyers/volunteer/
- Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland (PBRC) – http://probonomd.org/volunteer-opportunities/
- YWCA Legal Services : intimate partner peace and protective order petition cases (Anne Arundel County Opportunity)
To register send an email to apotthast@ywcaaacorg, Attention: Ann Potthast, Subject: pro bono peace and protective order representation. In the body of the email include your interest/experience etc., as well as the phone number where you wish to be contacted.
- Volunteer and Training Opportunity in Annapolis – October 29 –Representing Unaccompanied Youth: Special Immigration Status for more information: http://probonomd.org/training/unaccompanied-youth/
- See this blog’s October 16 post for more Pro Bono Celebration events and trainings: https://aacpll.org/2014/10/16/upcoming-pro-bono-events/
In addition, there is a Pro Bono Week Special Event, the PRO BONO CONNECTION: A Day of Free Trainings, Pro Bono Fair and Reception for Maryland Attorneys and Law Students. This event is co-sponsored by University of Baltimore School of Law, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, Maryland State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, and Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE!
When: Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Where: University of Baltimore School of Law, 1401 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
Training: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Open to law students & Maryland attorneys in exchange for a volunteer commitment.
Criminal Record Expungement in Maryland
Faculty: Jeff Gold, Esq. & Christina Askins
Homeless Persons Representation Project
- Maryland Criminal Record Expungement Law
- Working with Low-Income and Homeless Clients
- Expungement Intake and Taking a Case with HPRP
- Top 10 Expungement Mistakes & How to Avoid Them
Pro Bono Fair & Reception: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Visit tables staffed by Maryland legal services providers!
- Learn about available pro bono opportunities!
- Accept pro bono cases on-site!
- Lite fare, beer & wine!