Last week, the Law Library hosted its second Foreclosure Clinic. Thank you, Lonni Summers, Susan Mays, Diane Wessel, and the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) for providing this much-needed service to Maryland’s self-represented litigants.
The next clinic date is scheduled for Wednesday, September 16, 2015 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. individuals are served on a first-come, first-served basis. Consultations are usually twenty minutes. Please sign up, in-person, at the Law Library’s main service desk on September 16, 2015.
We recommend that you prepare for your meeting with the attorney. Here are a few suggestions.
- Bring all your paperwork or other information related to the foreclosure.
- Write a list of specific questions.Organize your paperwork from most recent on top to oldest on bottom.
- Write a list of specific questions.
- Prepare a timeline of your matter, including any deadlines.
If you need assistance prior to September 16, 2015, check out these resources.
- Civil Justice – Civil Justice provides Marylanders with foreclosure assistance. Check out their website or call them at 410-706-0174 for more information.
- Foreclosure Mediation Brief Advice Project – This is a free clinic open to homeowners facing foreclosure without legal representation. For information about the Foreclosure Mediation Brief Advice project, check out our blog post from earlier this year.
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) – MVLS may be able to represent you in your foreclosure matter. Call MVLS at 410-547-6537 for more information.
You can find a list of additional assistance resources at the People’s Law Library.