Organized and sponsored by the American Bar Association’s Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Services, this year’s National Pro Bono Week Celebration is October 25th through October 31st! The Law Library is excited to once again participate in National Pro Bono Week, which recognizes and promotes pro bono at both the national and local levels.
The Law Library’s promotion of pro bono and public services is ongoing. Here’s a brief overview of the ongoing programs and clinics at the Law Library that provide FREE legal services to the public!
- Civil, non-family law matters
- Participants can speak with a volunteer attorney for up to 20 minutes.
- Sign-up is via lottery
- Weekly at the Law Library (Wednesdays, from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sign-up at 10:45 a.m.)
- Monthly at the Glen Burnie Regional Library (Every third Wednesday, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Sign-up at 4:15 p.m.)
- Talk to a volunteer attorney about foreclosure matters
- Participants cannot be currently represented by an attorney on their foreclosure matter.
- Sign-up is first-come, first-served
- Monthly at the Law Library – Upcoming Dates are as follows:
- November 18, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- December 16, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Sign-up at the Law Library’s service desk
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Class with an experienced bankruptcy attorney
- Class materials include a manual and forms, and the attorney will review the forms completed at the class.
- Generally, registration is required.
- Various dates/times at the Law Library TBD
- Dates/Times for clinics at other locations are available here.
To read more about the Law Library’s past celebrations of National Pro Bono Week, check out our blog posts from the 2014 celebration! For more information about the National Pro Bono Celebration, including background, events, resources and news, please visit http://www.probono.net/celebrateprobono/.