On Wednesday, March 16, 2016, the Law Library hosted its monthly Foreclosure Clinic. Four people were able to talk to an attorney about their foreclosure matters. Thank you Fani Kantartzis and the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) for providing this much-needed service to Maryland’s self-represented litigants.
The next clinic date is scheduled for April 20, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Individuals are served on a first-come, first-served basis. Consultations usually last twenty minutes. Please sign up, in-person, at the Law Library’s main service desk on April 20, 2016.
We recommend that you prepare for your meeting with the attorney. Here are a few suggestions.
- Bring all your paperwork or other information related to the foreclosure.
- Write a list of specific questions. Organize your paperwork from most recent on top to oldest on bottom.
- Write a list of specific questions.
- Prepare a timeline of your matter, including any deadlines.
If you need assistance prior to the next clinic date, check out these resources.
- Civil Justice – Civil Justice provides Marylanders with foreclosure assistance. Check out their website or call them at 410-706-0174 for more information.
- Foreclosure Mediation Brief Advice Project Helpline– You can call the helpline at (443) 808-0076 on Mondays from 1:30 pm—6:00 pm and Wednesdays from 8:00 am—12:00 pm.
- Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) – MVLS may be able to represent you in your foreclosure matter. Check out their website or call MVLS at 410-547-6537 for more information.
- You can find a list of additional assistance resources at the People’s Law Library.