In addition to the ongoing programs at the Law Library and the Glen Burnie Regional Library, this summer, the Lawyer in the Library program is expanding to a new location at the Eastport-Annapolis Neck Community Library. Volunteer attorneys can assist program participants with civil, non-family law matters.
The program dates will be as follows:
- Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Sign-up is via lottery at 4:15 p.m. The Eastport-Annapolis Neck Community Library is located at 269 Hillsmere Drive, Annapolis, MD 21403.
It is helpful to prepare for your session with the attorney. Here are some helpful tips:
- Write a list of specific questions for the attorney.
- Bring any paperwork and information related to the case.
- Organize any paperwork from most recent on the top to oldest at the bottom.
- Identify all deadlines.
- Prepare a timeline of the legal issue.
If you have questions about the program, please contact the Law Library at (410) 222-1387.
If you need assistance with directions to the program site, please contact the Eastport-Annapolis Neck Community Library at (410) 222-1770.