The Foreclosure Mediation Brief Advice Project in the Anne Arundel County Public Law Library has NEW HOURS!
- Registration: None. First come, first served basis.
- When: 3rd Wednesday of the month, 11:00 am—1:00 pm
- Where: Anne Arundel County Public Law Library, Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County – RM 303, 8 Church Circle
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
July 20, 2016 is the date of the next Foreclosure clinic in the Law Library at the new time.
The Foreclosure Mediation Brief Advice Project, a service of the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, provides FREE brief legal consultations for homeowners facing foreclosure who do not have legal representation. Foreclosure Mediation Brief Advice Attorneys will:
- Answer questions about foreclosure mediation;
- Give legal advice regarding your foreclosure;
- Help you understand court papers and documents you received regarding your foreclosure.
Foreclosure is the legal process that the lender starts with the courts when you have not made your mortgage payments, and the lender wants to force the sale of the house to recover the balance of the mortgage. Foreclosure mediation allows the homeowner to discuss their situation with the lender under the facilitation of a mediator. Foreclosure Mediation Brief Advice Attorneys will NOT attend mediation with you, but may help direct you to other options for obtaining legal representation for your mediation.
More detailed information about the foreclosure process and foreclosure mediation is available on the Anne Arundel County Public Law Library Self Help and Pro Bono Wiki and the Maryland People’s Law Library.
Can’t make it to the clinic? Call the helpline: 443-808-0076
Mondays from 1:30 pm—6:00 pm
Wednesdays from 8:00 am—12:00 pm
MVLS offers the program in other locations. Check the website for more information.