Last week, we celebrated World Book and Copyright Day! So, what better time than now to learn about the copyright resources available at the Law Library. Call numbers, when available, are included in parenthesis.
Check out these resources, which are available for your review at the Law Library!
- Nimmer on Copyright (KF 2991.5 N5)
- The Law of Copyright (Self-Help KF 2995 J37 2000)
- Growing Pains: Adapting Copyright for Libraries, Education and Society (REF KF 3030.1 G7 1997)
If you are interested in going to source, check out these resources!
- Title 17 of the United States Code*
- Title 37 of the Code of Federal Regulations*
- Congressional Committee Reports on the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and Concurrent Amendments (KF 2988.8 C66 2000)
Are you more interested in “how-to” resources? Then check out these titles.
- How to Register a United States Copyright (with forms) (KF3004 Z9 W37 1990)
- Patent, Copyright, Trade Secret, Right of Publicity, Trademark Handbooks for Maryland Business and Litigation Lawyers (KFM 1530 P38 2013)
- The Copyright Handbook: How to Protect & Use Written Works (SELF HELP KF2995 F53 2003)
- Nolo’s Encyclopedia of Everyday Law (SELF HELP KF 387 N65 2011)
If you are looking for additional resources, the Law Library also provides users with access to LexisNexis, Westlaw and other online legal databases. Drop by the Law Library, and we can help get you started.
*If you prefer print resources, the Law Library has print copies available.